Clawsons celebrate 60 years of marriage
Dr. Edward Clawson and Mrs. Gwen (Bailey) Clawson celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on August 18 at their longtime home on the Renovo Road, Colebrook Township.
They were married in New Kensington, Pa. in 1956 and moved to Lock Haven in 1958 where Ed took a job as elementary supervisor for the school district. Following a long career in education at the Lock Haven State Teachers College (now Lock Haven University), since 1961, Ed retired in 1992.
Gwen also was employed as an elementary school teacher and substitute teacher over the years, in addition to raising their children.
The couple celebrated the anniversary over Labor Day weekend with those children, Greg f New York City, Kurt of Norristown, Pa., and Lauren of Mt. Vernon, Ohio. They also have four grown grandchildren who joined them by phone.
Ed and Gwen’s life together has slowed somewhat in recent years, but they still enjoy their home and garden, participating in and supporting local organizations, including the university, and visits from their family, good friends and neighbors.