Workshop: The first step for starting a small business
LOCK HAVEN — Have you always had a dream to start your own business but didn’t know where to start?
This workshop will help aspiring entrepreneurs to begin the process of successful business ownership including evaluating business ideas, developing a business plan, and exploring financing options.The presenters/discussion leaders for this workshop are the members of the SBDC staff and a local commercial lender.
Attendees will learn:
– Unique lifestyle requirements involved in owning a business
– How to assess the feasibility of their business idea
– Differences between business organization structures
– How to develop a business plan
– How to obtain financing
– How to market their product or service
– The applications and licenses needed to start their company
The workshop will be held from 9 a.m. to noon on Friday, Oct. 18, at 1127 W. Fourth St., Williamsport.
To register, https://community.lhup.edu/sbdc/training.htm or by calling 570-484-2848. Walk-ins will be accepted if available seating.
Cost is $20. Payment is required on or before 7 days after registering for the workshop. Cancellation policy – five or more business days refunds are available or may reschedule to another course. Less than five-day notice no refunds, but you may reschedule to another course.
Next class will be offered on Friday, Nov. 16, . at 301 W. Church St., Lock Haven.