Road work listed this week
LOCK HAVEN — PennDOT’s Clinton County Maintenance office announces the work schedule for this week, including:
– Patching on Farrandsville Road, East Winter Road, and Long Run Road.
– Shoulder work along Route 80.
– Pipe flushing on Kettle Creek Road today.
– Pipe repairs on Renovo Road from Keating to the Cameron County line.
Contractor projects include:
– Island Road Bridge — placing concrete for the guiderail updates, installing water diversion around piers in the river and installing work platforms for work on the pier columns.
– Renovo Road at Baker’s Mill Run — Placing the rest of the temporary excavation support system, completing the abutment demo, and excavating footer.
– Renovo Road at Montour Run near the Cameron County line — Placing stone for base and preparing to set box culvert sections.
Cancer Support Group
LOCK HAVEN — The Cancer Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 p.m. in Conference Room B of Susque-View. “Change Your Lifestyle, Change Your Life” is the topic for the September meeting.
When people are under a high degree of stress, especially the kind of chronic stress cancer survivors face, the part of the brain that helps to change behaviors is limited. The group will review an article from Coping magazine outlining five steps for creating successful, sustainable change after a cancer diagnosis. Copies of the article will be provided. The Cancer Support Group is facilitated by Fran Decker, MSW, LSW and hosted by Susque-View. The program is free and open to anyone who has a diagnosis of cancer, both newly diagnosed and long-time survivors. Family members and friends are also welcome. The group meets the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. in Conference Room B of Susque-View. For more information about the support group, call Fran Decker at 570-748-4302.