calendar of events
– Mark the Shark Toy Drive, Mill Hall Walmart, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; sponsored by Schlesinger Communications and supported by businesses, organizations and individuals throughout the region. Help fill a Susquehanna Trailways charter bus with toys to be distributed to local children in need this holiday season. (570)748-4030 / WSQV radio.com
– Old-Fashioned Christmas at the Bull Run Schoolhouse, 1756 Bull Run Rd., Loganton, 2 p.m. Hosted by Sugar Valley Historical Society. This year’s theme is “Christmas Bells”. Enjoy Christmas carol sing-a-longs, and a surprise visitor! Free and everyone is welcome. Refreshments served. Sponsored by the Sugar Valley Historical Society. (570)725-3498 / svhistory.org
– Lock Haven Area Jaycees Holiday Dinner for seniors. There will be two seatings at noon and 2 p.m. Reservations can be made by calling the STEP office at 570-858-5800.
– Chancel Choir Christmas Concert, 3 p.m., Covenant United Methodist Church, 44 W. Main St., Lock Haven.
– Annual Holiday Open House at the Heisey House Museum and the Poorman Gallery. 1 to 5 p.m. on Sunday with refreshments and entertainment by Patsy Dooley, storyteller, and Richard Morris, strumming Christmas tunes on his guitar. This is a free program for the community.
– Annual Victorian Christmas, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., downtown Bellefonte.
– Cash BINGO, 7 p.m., St. John’s Catholic School, 116 East Bishop Street, Bellefonte. Paying out $850. Doors open at 6 p.m. Walk-ins welcome! Smoke Free Facility. Benefits Bellefonte Knights of Columbus.
– Civil War Round Table, 7-9 p.m. 209 Coffee House, 209 Bellefonte Ave., Lock Haven; program by Ron Cryder on weapons and clothing of the Civil War.