Community

Old photo album

PHOTO PROVIDED Renovo Class of 1941’s 20th-year reunion Members of the Renovo High School Class of 1941 posed for this photo at their reunion in 1961. Local historian Charles Barnum is sharing the picture with other Express readers. He said a neighbor found it in the attic and asked him ...

Dear Annie

Dear Annie: I have no one to go to about this. I feel so guilty for even saying this, but I hate my mom. Both of my parents are alcoholics. Every time they drink, they don’t know how to act, especially my mom. She is the worst type of drunk a person could be; she urinates on herself, and ...

To Your Good Health

BY KEITH ROACH, M.D. DEAR DR. ROACH: Why aren’t all people screened for genetic hemochromatosis? It is the most common inherited disease. The tests are simple and would save so much suffering and massive payments for care. I know people who suffer from cardiac, liver or lung problems; ...

calendar of vents

TODAY - “Technology @ the Library,” free one-on-one training and answers to technology questions, 1-2 p.m., Centre Hall Branch Library, 109 W. Beryl St., www.centrecountylibrary.org. - Seafood dinner with all-you-can-eat buffet, 4-7 p.m., Nittany Valley Volunteer Fire Co., 5101 Nittany ...

Around the Town

Good Day and Happy Birthday to Josie Askey! Word of the Day Collegiality — A cooperative relationship between colleagues. Quote of the Day “If moderation is a fault, then indifference is a crime.” — Jack Kerouac Faith UM October craft and sale On Saturday, Oct. 27, Faith ...

Jeep lovers tour the region

LOCK HAVEN - Jeep lovers from across Pennsylvania embarked on the Piper Aviation Museum on Sept. 22 for the 3rd Annual Jeep Cruise. The cruise is an annual fundraiser for the museum. More than 45 drivers and riders and 20 jeeps participated in the event. John Bryerton, museum board ...

Event to recognize 25 years of Keystone Fund partnerships

LOCK HAVEN - Clinton County has been fortunate to receive over $6,890,663 from the Keystone Fund, which is turning 25 years old, thus prompting the Northcentral Pennsylvania Conservancy to hold a celebration here on Thursday. The NPC has planned a presentation from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Thursday at ...

LOCAL BRIEFS

Fall Festival Oct. 13 at Crossroads Church JERSEY SHORE — Crossroads Church in Jersey Shore will be hosting its 7th annual Fall Festival on Saturday, Oct. 13, from 4-7 p.m. The festival is open and free to all families and community members in Jersey Shore and surrounding ...

Calendar of Events

TODAY - Bald Eagle Nittany High School Class of 1960 reunion luncheon, 1 p.m., Dutch Haven. Contact Joe Marasco at 962-3261. TOMORROW - “Technology @ the Library,” free one-on-one training and answers to technology questions, 1-2 p.m., Centre Hall Branch Library, 109 W. Beryl St., ...

Around the Town

Good Day Happy Birthday to Bill Kerstetter, of East End! Word of the Day Spartan — Simple, frugal, absent of luxury or comfort. Quote of the Day “I am a part of everything that I have read.” — Theodore Roosevelt Adopt a kitty Fonda’s Foundlings cat rescue will hold a ...

Leadership Clinton County kicks off 19th program

PHOTO PROVIDED Clinton County gathered recently for an extensive two-day opening retreat to kick-off their training as future leaders of Clinton County. Pictured above, the new class includes, from left, Carley Anderson, Catherine Jacobs, Cathy Redmond, Rich Kuczawa, Caitlyn Kovach, Lori ...

State College Elks hold veterans bingo

PHOTO PROVIDED The State College Elks Lodge #1600 continues its active support of veterans programming, by playing bingo at the James E. Van Zandt Veterans Hospital in Altoona. Fifteen veterans participated in this month’s program, which culminated in prizes and refreshments. Shown here, ...

State College Elks participate in safety fair

The State College Elks Lodge # 1600, represented by Exalted Ruler, Jeff Weyman, left, and Elroy the Elk (Shelly Wike), right, faithfully participated in the recent Patton Township Children’s Safety Fair. Drug Awareness information was distributed to the over 800 participants at the ...

Covenant Cafe learns about wellness

Above, Covenant Cafe participants and volunteers with speaker, Sue J. Morris who educated the group on “Teas for Wellness” at a recent Covenant Cafe session. At left, Covenant Cafe participants and volunteers participating in a Rhythm and Fitness session with Valerie Jo Roberts of ...

Chicken dinner at the LH Moose

LOCK HAVEN — A chicken dinner will take place in the Lock Haven Moose Social Hall on Sept. 29. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at the Moose Club or from a Women of the Moose Club member. Limited number of tickets will be available at the event. Public welcome. Next event will be the ...

Trout Unlimited seeks new members

LOCK HAVEN — The Lloyd Wilson Chapter of Trout Unlimited (TU) is an active Lock Haven area member of national TU. TU’s purpose is to protect and improve the areas cold water fisheries. They are active locally in clean ups in the narrows section of Fishing Creek; supporting Trout in ...

What if long-term care insurance premiums skyrocket?

At an alarming rate, owners of long term care insurance policies are getting notices that the premium for their policy is going up. These letters advise of options to reduce the impact of the premium increases, such as taking a reduction in benefits. Insurance companies are also warning ...

September is Healthy Aging Month in senior centers

Centers are open 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday, except for holidays. Clinton County Community Center 124 E. Walnut St. (STEP building in Clinton Plaza) 858-5800 OCTOBER FOR CCCC HAS BEEN STARTED Oct. 3 — “All About Popcorn” handout, 11:30 a.m. Oct. 5 — “Music ...

BEA schedules Homecoming events for 2018

WINGATE — Bald Eagle Area will be holding Homecoming activities this week. On Thursday, a homecoming parade will be held in Milesburg. Approximately 50 groups are scheduled to participate. The parade starts at 6 p.m. on Old Route 220 and ends at the American Legion Fields, where a ...

Calendar of Events

TODAY - Car seat safety check, 3-8 p.m., Weis Market, 170 Buckaroo Lane, Bellefonte. - Free fall carnival with hot dogs, popcorn, bounce house, games, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Howard Christian Church. TOMORROW - Bald Eagle Nittany High School Class of 1960 reunion luncheon, 1 p.m., Dutch Haven. ...