United Way calendar has plenty of fundraising events
LOCK HAVEN — Fundraising is a big piece of the puzzle for the Clinton County United Way.
The 2019 calendar is dotted with plenty of interesting fundraisers. Here’s a look at some of the highlights:
– On Friday, March 22, the United Way will host a “Guest Bartender Night.” The event will take place from 5 to 8 p.m. at The Edge in Lock Haven. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the United Way.
– Sports Night/Fine Arts Auction will be held on Friday, May 3 at the Piper Aviation Museum and Hangar.
The theme this year will be Casino Night.
– On Saturday, June 1, the United Way will host its annual Trash to Treasure event. Trash to Treasure is a giant sale of second-hand items. It features household items, clothing and appliances. In short, there is something for everyone. The event begins at 8 a.m.
– On Saturday, Aug. 3, the United Way will hold its annual Day of Caring. The event will be held at Triangle Park in Lock Haven.
– The Flight Squad basketball team will take on the Clinton County United Way squad on Saturday, Oct. 5 at Lock Haven University’s Thomas Field House.
– On Saturday, Nov. 9, the United Way hosts its annual Penn State tailgate at the Castanea picnic grounds. Penn State travels to play Minnesota that afternoon and the outdoor event will feature, food, drink, a cornhole competition, vendors and raffles.
– On Tuesday, Nov. 26, it will be the 10th annual Stella A’s night. That night, 20 percent of the proceeds that night will go to the United Way. There will also be raffles and prizes. The event is always held the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, Garlick said.
For more information about the fundraisers, visit