Lynch officially approved to KCSD board
By CHRIS MORELLI
MILL HALL –The Keystone Central school board continues to evolve and change.
At Thursday night’s voting session, board members unanimously approved Elisabeth Lynch as its Region II representative. It was a long process for Lynch, who replaced Jennifer Bottorf, who recently resigned. Originally, the board selected Wade Jodun to fill the slot, but he turned it down due to personal and professional reasons.
After approval, Lynch was officially sworn in and joined her fellow board members. She was thrilled with the appointment.
“It is an honor and a privilege. I truly believe that it’s a civic duty,” Lynch said.
The board had hoped to appoint Lynch at last week’s meeting, but could not because it was a work session only.
Also last night, the board accepted the resignation of Billie Rupert, who was the Region III representative. Lynch said that she hopes the board will be able to fill that opening quickly.
“I hope someone who wants to be on a progressive, moving forward team steps forward,” she said.
The board will advertise to fill that slot, said board president Boise “Bo” Miller.
“We have two weeks for interested parties to submit their application and we will announce the date we are going to be doing interviews at a later time,” Miller said.
The advertisement is a legal requirement.
Region III encompasses Beech Creek Township, Beech Creek Borough, Liberty Township and Curtin Township.
In other business Thursday night, the board:
– Moved its June meetings to Thursday, June 13 (work session) and Thursday, June 20 (voting session). One of the original dates, Thursday, June 6, conflicted with graduation ceremonies at Bucktail High School.
– Approved a proposal between Tremco and KCSD through the OMINA Partners for the Central Mountain Middle School roof replacement project. Roof sections A, B, C, D, F and G will be replaced. The project is not to exceed $569,990 – paid from the capital fund.
– Heard a curriculum audit, which was presented by Diane Hubona, Director of Curriculum and Innovation for Intermediate Unit No. 10.
– Approved bills for payment in the amount of $2,634,005.23, with the secretary authorized to complete the necessary checks for payment.
– Approved a five-year affiliation agreement with Bloomsburg University for internship placement with KCSD.
r Approved the articulation agreement between KCSD and Pennsylvania Highlands Community College for cosmetology students entering the associate degree in entrepreneurship, formerly small business management, effective March, 2019.
– Approved a three-year service agreement with Comcast Business Communications for all inter-building data services. The agreement was signed on March 27, 2019 to be eligible for the Federal E-Rate reimbursement program for the 2019-2020 school year.
– Approved a contract between Solution Tree, Inc. and KCSD for professional development services in the amount of $17,444.80 paid by Title IV funds.
– Approved the agreement between the Central Intermediate Unit 10 and KCSD to participate in the CIU 10 Online Learning Association (CIOLA) for a cost of $15,000 participation fee and per student rates.
The board will meet twice in May – Thursday May 9 and Thursday, May 16. Both of those meetings will be held at Bucktail High School.