Cross, cornerstone returned to St. Joseph’s Schools site
KEVIN RAUCH/THE EXPRESS
A cross and cornerstone of the razed St. Joseph’s Schools that once stood on 9th Street in Renovo has been returned to the place where they greeted thousands of students who attended the Catholic school for 100 years. The school stood from 1875 and was eventually taken down in 1987, several years after it was closed to students. Heritage Park kept the cross and stone for posterity and were able to return the monuments to their original site after a 32 year absence, a couple of weeks ago. Smith Construction donated the material and labor to place the stone and South Renovo resident Keith Wilson designed and built the flower box.