Overdose was cause of Penn State student’s death

STATE COLLEGE — A Penn State student found dead in his dorm room on Jan. 8, 2018, died from an accidental drug overdose, according to Centre County Coroner Scott Sayers.

William H. Denton, 19, was found at 10:10 p.m. on Jan. 8 after his parents requested a welfare check, but likely died the day before, said Sayers in a statement to the Centre Daily Times.

The overdose involved multiple drugs.

Denton was sophomore from Raleigh, N.C. studying health policy and administration and was a member of Alpha Tau Omega fraternity.

COMMENTS