– Covenant Cafe, a social engagement program for people in the early stages of Alzheimer’s — 1-3 p.m. Tuesday (first and third Tuesdays of the month), Covenant United Methodist Church, 44 W. Main St., Lock Haven. Information: Fran Decker, 570-748-4302.
– Parkinson’s Support Group — Open to everyone interested in learning about the disease, 3 p.m. Wednesday (second Wednesday of the month), Fulmer’s Personal Care Home, Dunnstown. Information: Beverly Miller, 570-748-5891.
– Cancer Support Group — 7 p.m. Thursday (second Thursday of the month), Conference Room B of Susque-View Home, Lock Haven. Information: group facilitator Fran Decker, 570-748-4302.
– Alzheimer’s and Caregivers Support Group — 7 p.m. Aug. 14 (second Tuesday of the month), Conference Room B of Susque-View Home. Information: Fran Decker at 748-4302.
– Bereavement Support Group — 3-4:30 p.m. Wednesday (second Wednesday of the month), Susque-View chapel, sponsored by Community Nursing Service’s Centre Crossings Hospice. Information: Nicole Crawford, 570-748-8511.
– GriefShare — 7 p.m. Thursdays, Salona United Methodist Church. Information: Rote Church office at 570-726-7522 (leave a message).
– GRASP (Grief Recovery After a Substance Passing) for families who have lost a loved one to the disease of addiction — 7-8 p.m. Aug. 16 (third Thursday of the month), St. John’s Newberry United Methodist Church, 2101 Newberry St., Williamsport. Local chapter sponsored by West Branch Drug and Alcohol Abuse Commission. Information: David G. Bower II, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-220-4554 or visit the website at www.grasphelp.org.
– Food pantry at Salvation Army, Lock Haven — 9-11 a.m. every Wednesday.
– Howard Area Lions Food Bank — Open 2-4 p.m. in former Beech Creek Elementary School to Centre County residents Monday (first Monday of the month) and to Clinton County residents Aug. 20 (third Monday of the month).
– St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church Food Pantry — 9-11 a.m. Wednesday (second Wednesday of the month) for Clinton County residents in the Lamar-Mill Hall region. Use rear entrance of church at 6220 Nittany Valley Drive (Route 64), a mile north of I-80 interchange at Lamar. The pantry can be available 5-6 p.m. Tuesday, but this is by appointment only. For an appointment, or more information, call 570-726-4163 or 570-726-7460.
– Blanchard Church of Christ Food Pantry, 4-6:30 p.m. Wednesday (second Wednesday of the month). Use the back door of the old church building.
– New Love Center Food Pantry — For residents of Jersey Shore, Linden, Avis, McElhattan and Woolrich areas, open at St. John Lutheran Church, 229 S. Broad St., Jersey Shore, 9 a.m.-12 noon & 1-6 p.m. Friday (second Friday of the month) and 9 a.m.-12 noon & 1-3 p.m. Aug. 24 (fourth Friday of the month). For emergency food assistance, call 570-772-3275.
– New Love Center Cafe — 11 a.m.-12:45 p.m. weekdays, Trinity United Methodist Church, 1407 Allegheny St., Jersey Shore (enter on Glover Street side). Doors open at 8 a.m. for coffee.
– More Than Bread lunch program — 11:30 a.m. weekdays (except Wednesdays when it opens at noon), Salvation Army, East Church Street, Lock Haven.
– Free community luncheon — 11:30 a.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, First Presbyterian Church, 203 N. Spring St., Bellefonte.
– Free luncheon for Sugar Valley senior citizens — Noon on Wednesday (second Wednesday of the month) at Albright United Methodist Church, Loganton; donations appreciated.
– “Second Sunday Supper” — Noon on Aug. 12, Trinity Episcopal Church, Jersey Shore; cook-out menu featured this month.
– Pass-It-On Community Outreach free clothing program — 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday in the house at 610 Frederick St., Flemington, next to Seventh-Day Adventist Church which sponsors the program.
– Shoes for Shore — Free pair of school-worthy sneakers, socks and a book, for wee ones through 17-year-olds with Access, CHIP or similar insurance cards or referrals, 10 a.m.-noon Aug. 18 at Tiadaghton Mall, Jersey Shore.
– Lock Haven Area Shoe Bank — Free pair of school-worthy sneakers, socks and a book, for wee ones through 17-year-olds with Access, CHIP or similar insurance cards or referrals — 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Aug. 18 at Covenant United Methodist Church, 44 W. Main St., Lock Haven.
– Helping Hands, free hygiene and cleaning supplies — United Evangelical Lutheran Church, First and West Church streets, Lock Haven, 6-8 p.m. Aug. 15 (third Wednesday of the month) and 9-11 a.m. Sept. 5 (first Wednesday of the month).
– GED and Adult Basic Education classes — 9-11:30 a.m. or 5-7:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, CIU #10 Development Center for Adults, 8 N. Grove St., Suite G, Lock Haven. No pre-registration necessary. Information: 570-893-4038.