Fallon Hotel catches fire
LOCK HAVEN – The vacant but historic Fallon Hotel filled with smoke Sunday night, prompting firefighters from the city and surrounding companies to respond.
The blaze was reported over the Clinton County 9-1-1 emergency communications sytem about 9 p.m.
Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke in the basement.
Firefighters donned air packs to enter the building as smoke billowed out of the basement door at the front of the building at 131 E. Water Street, next to the Lock Haven YMCA.
Citizens Hose and Hand in Hand from Lock Haven, plus Castanea and Dunnstown firemen responded.
The hotel owners closed the building, which was used as a boarding house and tavern, in December after the heating system failed. They then put the building up for sale for $275,000.
See Monday’s print edition for more information.