RENOVO - The Keystone Central School Board took several steps this week in preparation for next year's transfer of the administration and technology staff to the Central Mountain High School.
In four specific actions:
- The board approved an agreement with ePlus Technologies to conduct a network audit, cost not to exceed $7,500.
- The directors accepted the low bid of Marc-Service Inc. of Windber, for $124,000 for HVAC services, for relocation of the administration/technology offices to the high school.
- The board accepted the low bid of John Spearly Construction Inc. of Bellefonte, for $78,506 for relocation of those same offices.
- The board accepted the low bid of $43,000 from Electrical Services of Bloomsburg for related activities.
All four actions accompanied a decision made last year as a cost-cutting effort, to move.
The district's Flemington building is now being used as its technology center, but late last year, the school board announced it would be abandoning the facility as a cost saving measure, along with the present administration building in Lock Haven and the Lamar Township Elementary School.
All those actions are marked for the first floor E-wing of the school, in the 2012-13 school year.
In the meantime, county government has been considering for several years options toward creating a new 911 dispatch center to replace the present headquarters in the basement of the county-owned Susque-View Inc. extended care facility.
The board, in other business approved:
- Bills for payment in the amount of $ 1,081,315.21.
- An affiliation agreement with Lock Haven University Athletic Training Education Program.
- Recommendations for support personnel: Including short-term uncompensated leave requests for Michele Sockman, Melissa Brumbaugh, Rachel Phillips, and Sherry Nichols.
- Leave of absence requests for Joseph Blazina, district security/attendance officer; Rhonda McGregor, building assistant, Michelle Shady, curriculum secretary; and Kathy Brown, housekeeper at Robb Elementary School
- Employment of Eileen Renee Hughes and Terry McCloskey as bus drivers for Susquehanna Transit Company.
- Employment of the 2011 Summer Recreation Program personnel
- Employment of Renee Pearce as crossing guard at Mill Hall Elementary School, for 30 minutes in the morning, at her regular rate of pay, pro-rated, beginning the first student day of the 2012-2013 school year.
- Employment of the following individuals as for the 2012-2013 Extended School Year Program, which provides special education services to students: Laura Eisenhower, Lori Martin, Debbie Houser, Renee Pearce, Melissa Probst and Deanna Heggenstaller
- Short term leaves of absences for Cathy Young, sixth grade teacher; for Michelle Hyschak, teacher of hearing impaired; Ashley Brungard, second grade teacher at Dickey Elementary School; Heather Rooney-George, English teacher; Clyde F. Glossner, Jr., mathematics teacher at Central Mountain High School; Natalie Serafini, elementary school teacher and Laura Kitko, alternative education mathematics teacher at Central Mountain High School.
- Sabbatical leave for Susan Dotterer, 5th grade teacher at Robb Elementary School; and Lisa Williams, kindergarten teacher at Lamar Township Elementary School.
- Resignation of Elizabeth Hines, family and consumer sciences teacher at Central Mountain High School; and Diana G. Miller, marching band director at Bucktail Middle/High Schools.
- Retirement of Carol A. Confer, 4th grade teacher at Liberty-Curtin Elementary School, with 13 years of service, effective the last day of the 2011-2012 school year.
- Retirement of Joseph P. Hanna, guidance counselor at Central Mountain Middle School, with 30 years of service.
- Employment of Suzanne Miller as a worker for the 2011 21st Century Tutoring Program; salary will be paid with grant monies.
- Remuneration of co-curricular and club advisors for the 2011-2012 school year in accordance with the Association of Clinton County Educators' Agreement.
- Employment of the individuals as site coordinators, assistant directors and lead tutors for the Summer 2012 21st Century Tutoring Program and for the 2012-2013 21st Century Tutoring Program Dave Peters, Virginia Council, Stephanie Hackenberg, Ashley Rippey, Martha Sykes, Elise Salisbury, Micheal Poorman, Kelly Deems, Erin Herr. Jaime Strunk. Kathy Barner and Erin McGill.
- Employment of tutors for the Summer 2012 21st Century Tutoring Program; salaries will be paid with grant monies.
- Employment of the following individuals as for the 2012-2013 Extended School Year Program, which provides special education services to students: Sherry Barth, Mike Burg. Mark Ruggiers. Jaime Gentzyel. Angie Waltz. Jen Marquardt. Eugene Bennett. Len Rutecki. Melissa Rockey, Samara McLaughlin. Jennifer Rutecki, Bradley Moore, Cathy Winslow (Nurse), Lisa Bottorf, Jennifer Steinbacher, Theresa Register, Tina Ankney, Stephanie Kennedy, and Kathy Innes.
- Resignation of Thomas Hendershot, network systems specialist, effective April 29, 2012.
- Employment of Thomas Hendershot as a substitute for the technology department, at the pay rate of $21.80 per hour, to complete projects and assist with the relocation of administrative offices. Total compensation not to exceed $7,200.00.
- The resignation of Jeff Brinker, assistant girls' soccer coach at Central Mountain Middle/High School, effective April 16, 2012.
- The resignation of Don Adams, assistant wrestling coach at Central Mountain Middle/High School, effective April 20, 2012.
- Resignation of Lindsey Rogers, assistant girls basketball coach at Central Mountain middle and high schools.
- Employment of the following as intramural coaches with salaries to be paid through the 21st Century Program monies: Brian Hanna, Erin McGill. Lorrie Reynolds and Jaime Strunk
- Employment of Sarah Navarro as 2011-2012 Winter Season game worker.
- An over night field trip request for Central Mountain High School students to attend a Competition in Hershey, Pa. April 18, 19, & 20, 2012. Field Trip Request 1
- An out of state field trip request for Central Mountain High School art students to travel to the Guggenheim Museum of Art in New York on June 1, 2012. This is a student funded trip. Field Trip Request 2
- An out of state field trip request for Central Mountain High School students to travel to Kansas City, Missouri for the SKILLS USA Competition from June 22-28, 2012. Field Trip Request.