LOCK HAVEN - Lock Haven Hospital hosted its first Physician Recognition dinner at the Durrwachter Center on the campus of Lock Haven University to acknowledge the service, dedication and commitment of the medical staff to the Lock Haven community.
In voting by hospital staffers, Bharat Adroja, M.D., was recognized as the Lock Haven Hospital Doctor of the Year. Carrie Timko, M.D., and Apostolos Dimitroulias, M.D., were the recipients of Patient Satisfaction Champion awards, based on patient satisfaction survey scores.
Adroja, Sanchita Yadalla, M.D., and Dennis Probst, D.O., were recognized for achieving 100 percent Core Measures club status for calendar year 2011. Core Measures were developed by national experts in healthcare as a set of criteria in key areas that determine if the care given in hospitals is appropriate, timely and preventive.
Lock Haven Hospital physicians.
"Physicians play a critical role in Lock Haven Hospital's commitment to provide quality, compassionate care with an emphasis on patient service," said John Zidansek, chief executive officer, Lock Haven Hospital. "This was an opportunity for us to recognize and thank our medical staff for their dedication to the community."
Hospital staffers also voted on a variety of categories in what was dubbed the "Doctor Oscars." The winners were:
- Best in an Emergency: David Gingrich, MD
- Best Documentation: Zeshan Anwar, MD
- Most Accessible: Sanchita Yadalla, MD
- Best Bedside Manner: Maria Bermudez, MD
- Best Team Player: Frank Parker, DO
- Best Sense of Humor : Charles Ackley, DO
- Friendliest: Maria Bermudez, MD
- Best Dressed: Raj Patel, MD
- Most Punctual: Thane Turner, MD.