LOCK HAVEN - Two Mill Hall men were killed in separate traffic accidents late Saturday night on county roads.
Also Saturday night, a Lycoming County man was killed in an ATV accident in Centre County.
That brings to 10 the number of people from this area who have died tragically in accidents or other incidents in the past month.
Keith Edward Quiggle, 41, of Mill Hall, was riding his 2009 Harley Davidson motorcycle southbound on the on-ramp to Route 220 from Paul Mack Boulevard when he failed to negotiate a curve and traveled into the grass median where his cycle flipped, Tpr. Homan of the state police barracks at Lamar reported.
The accident occurred at 9:05 p.m. Saturday in the city.
Quiggle, who was not wearing a helmet, suffered serious injuries and was pronounced dead on arrival at the Lock Haven Hospital, Homan said. His motorcycle had severe damage.
Just about two hours later, Anthony Wehrman, 32, of 477 Lusk Run Road, Mill Hall, died when his car struck two parked vehicles and slammed into a tree, Tpr. A.M. Sheridan of the state police barracks in Lamar reported.
Wehrman was traveling north on Lusk Run Road in Allison Township "at a high rate of speed," when he failed to negotiate a left curve, struck two parked vehicles and slammed into a tree, Tpr. Sheridan said.
The accident occurred at 11:30 p.m. and Wehrman, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Wehrman's 1998 Honda Accord had severe damage. The parked vehicles are owned by Kevin Killinger of Mill Hall and Leonard Killinger of Mill Hall.
In neighboring Centre County, Coroner Scott A. Sayers reports that Robert E. Naugle, 52, of Muncy, died Saturday evening in an ATV accident.
Sayers said Naugle was riding a four-wheeler on a secluded dirt lane, downhill, on private property near Laurel Run Road in Boggs Twp., Centre County, when he struck several trees. He was pronounced dead at the scene by Sayers, who said Naugle was not wearing a helmet and death was due to blunt force trauma.
The string of fatalities in the area has been devastating to families, friends and the entire community.
- On May 16, George B. Garlick III, 50, of Lock Haven, was killed when the water truck he was driving went off a steep cliff on a mountainous road in Noyes Twp., about six miles south of South Renovo.
- On May 22, Joshua Fourney, 19, of Mill Hall, died in a one-car accident on the Fairpoint Road. One of the passengers in Fourney's car, Bryce Allen, 19, of Blanchard, remains a patient in serious condition at Geisinger Medical Center. Another passenger, Damien Major, 19, of Lock Haven, was treated at Geisinger and discharged.
- On May 25, Robert C. "Bobby" Wise, 18, of Woolrich, died at Hershey Medical Center of an apparent overdose of prescription drugs.
- On June 1, Doyle C. Geyer, 49, of Mill Hall, died at Geisinger Medical Center, Danville of injuries suffered in an accident on May 25. Geyer was the driver of a motorcycle which collided with an SUV on Draketown Road.
- On June 1, just after noon, Joshua Condo, 31, was found dead in the yard at the rear of his home at 206 Woods Ave., Flemington.
- On June 5, at about 6:30 p.m. Kenneth E. Conway II, 42, of Bigler, was killed when he lost control of his pickup truck and it struck rocks and trees along Route 120, 13 miles west of Renovo.
- On June 13, Cara Day, 18, of Howard, died at Geisinger Medical Center of injuries suffered earlier that day when her car crashed into a large tree on Mackeyville Road, Lamar Township.