Death from smoke inhalation
BELLEFONTE-An autopsy of Howard T. Swank Sr., 77, of Centre Hall, revealed he died from asphyxiation due to smoke inhalation, according to Centre County Coroner Scott A. Sayers.
Swank died Thursday afternoon after a one-car accident in Potter Township, police said. Virginia Swank, 75, was driving on Taylor Hill Road with Howard as her passenger and went off the road, causing the vehicle to eventually flip over and catch fire, according to police. While she was able to be extracted from the car, Howard was not, police said.
LOCK HAVEN-Someone ran over a Hoberman Park sign sometime Wednesday night with a vehicle, causing damage of about $1,000, city police said.
Eggs allegedly thrown
BEECH CREEK-Unknown actors allegedly threw eggs at Tara Peters' residence at Wynn Avenue on Tuesday, police said. Anyone with information is urged to call state police at Lamar at 726-6000.