- The last weekend in July certainly was a busy weekend in the area. We had three family reunions, the motorcycle enduro and a chili cook-off.
- Several from this area were at the chili cook-off which was held at the Black Forest Inn.
The Summerson family reunion was held Saturday, July 28 at the home of Bill and Mary Arnold. Those attending were Stan and Esther Summerson, Larry and Amy Wade of Canton, Ohio, Steve and Jen Quiggle and family, Mick and Terrie Quiggle and family of Winston-Salem, N.C., George and Michelle Raub, also of North Carolina, and Lynn and Jeanette Summerson and family, and Lisa Summerson, all of Johnstown, Deb Kinney and Tom Stone of Millerstown, Pat, Jen and Julia Leady of Douglassville.
Some of these 36 friends and relatives were at the Arnold home visiting for four or five days. These days were spent with fun and laughter, and great memories were shared.
- The Stevenson-Pharis family reunion was held the same day at Ole Bull Park. Sixty persons attended, including four sets of twins. They had a great time.
- The Dingman reunion was also held the same day.
- There was a large crowd of cyclists, their families and many visitors at Quiet Oaks Campground for the enduro race. On Saturday evening, July 28, there was a fireworks display which was great. On Sunday morning, there was a wedding.
The bake sale was very successful. Thanks for all the baked goods and all the donations. The proceeds go to the ambulance association and the fire company.
- The 12th annual Music Fest for Kettle Creek Ambulance Association will be held Aug. 9 through 12 at Quiet Oaks Campground.
- The 60th anniversary celebration of Sunset Memorial Church is Aug. 18 with an open house from 1 to 4 p.m. I have received some cards from people and I appreciate the consideration for us, even though they are unable to attend.
- Bruce and Pat were in the Newport area and spent a lot of time with the Barlup family. They were at the Bloomfield pool several times with Jess and Henry. They also attended the carnival at Bloomfield.
At Mechanisburg, they visited her mother, Janet Eshelman.
Then they spent some time with Bruce's mom, Josie DeHaas, at Dillsburg. While at Dillsburg, they visited friends Dennis and Linda Glove. Pat also visited her friend Heather and Bruce visited his friend Whitey. They also enjoyed a picnic at the home of Jason's parents.
- Butch and Bonnie Wensel of Claysville, N.Y. spent the last weekend of July with John and Jane Ross. Butch and Bonnie attended his 50th-year class reunion.
- Kendall and Makenzie Wagner spent Tuesday and Wednesday with Grandma Susie.
- Zeke, Marlene and Mary visited me Tuesday evening and Bill and Gail were here Sunday, July 29.