– Alzheimer’s and Caregivers Support Group — 7 p.m. Tuesday (second Tuesday of the month), Conference Room B of Susque-View Home. Information: Fran Decker at 748-4302.
– Parkinson’s Support Group — Open to everyone interested in learning about the disease, 3 p.m. Wednesday (second Wednesday of the month), Fulmer’s Personal Care Home, Dunnstown. Information: Beverly Miller, 570-748-5891.
– Cancer Support Group — 7 p.m. Thursday (second Thursday of the month), Conference Room B of Susque-View Home, Lock Haven. Information: group facilitator Fran Decker, 570-748-4302.
– Covenant Cafe, a social engagement program for people in the early stages of Alzheimer’s — 1-3 p.m. Sept. 18 (first and third Tuesdays of the month), Covenant United Methodist Church, 44 W. Main St., Lock Haven. Information: Fran Decker, 570-748-4302.
– GriefShare — 7 p.m. Thursdays, Salona United Methodist Church. Information: Rote Church office at 570-726-7522 (leave a message).
– Bereavement Support Group — 3-4:30 p.m. Wednesday (second Wednesday of the month), Susque-View chapel, sponsored by Community Nursing Service’s Centre Crossings Hospice. Information: Nicole Crawford, 570-748-8511.
– GRASP (Grief Recovery After a Substance Passing) for families who have lost a loved one to the disease of addiction — 7-8 p.m. Sept. 20 (third Thursday of the month), St. John’s Newberry United Methodist Church, 2101 Newberry St., Williamsport. Local chapter sponsored by West Branch Drug and Alcohol Abuse Commission. Information: David G. Bower II, Ph.D. at email@example.com or 570-220-4554 or visit the website at www.grasphelp.org.
– Food pantry at Salvation Army, Lock Haven — 9-11 a.m. every Wednesday.
– Howard Area Lions Food Bank — Open 2-4 p.m. in former Beech Creek Elementary School to Centre County residents Monday, and to Clinton County residents Sept. 17 (third Monday of the month). Note the change in date for the Centre County distribution, due to Labor Day.
– St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church Food Pantry — 9-11 a.m. Wednesday (second Wednesday of the month) for Clinton County residents in the Lamar-Mill Hall region. Use rear entrance of church at 6220 Nittany Valley Drive (Route 64), a mile north of I-80 interchange at Lamar. The pantry can be available 5-6 p.m. the evening before, but this is by appointment only. For an appointment, or more information, call 570-726-4163 or 570-726-7460.
– Blanchard Church of Christ Food Pantry, 4-6:30 p.m. Wednesday (second Wednesday of the month). Use the back door of the old church building.
– New Love Center Food Pantry — For residents of Jersey Shore, Linden, Avis, McElhattan and Woolrich areas, open at St. John Lutheran Church, 229 S. Broad St., Jersey Shore, 9 a.m.-12 noon & 1-6 p.m. Friday (second Friday of the month) and 9 a.m.-12 noon & 1-3 p.m. Sept. 28 (fourth Friday of the month). For emergency food assistance, call 570-772-3275.
– “Second Sunday Supper” — Noon on Sunday, Trinity Episcopal Church, Jersey Shore; tuna casserole featured this month.
– New Love Center Cafe — 11 a.m.-12:45 p.m. weekdays, Trinity United Methodist Church, 1407 Allegheny St., Jersey Shore (enter on Glover Street side). Doors open at 8 a.m. for coffee.
– More Than Bread lunch program — 11:30 a.m. weekdays (except Wednesdays when it opens at noon), Salvation Army, East Church Street, Lock Haven.
– Free community luncheon — 11:30 a.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, First Presbyterian Church, 203 N. Spring St., Bellefonte.
– Free luncheon for Sugar Valley senior citizens — Noon on Wednesday (second Wednesday of the month) at Albright United Methodist Church, Loganton; donations appreciated.
– Lamar United Methodist Church Community Lunch — Noon on Sept. 20.
– Pass-It-On Community Outreach free clothing program — 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday in the house at 610 Frederick St., Flemington, next to Seventh-Day Adventist Church which sponsors the program.
– Shoes for Shore — Free pair of school-worthy sneakers, socks and a book, for wee ones through 17-year-olds with Access, CHIP or similar insurance cards or referrals, 10 a.m.-noon Sept. 15 at Tiadaghton Mall, Jersey Shore.
– Lock Haven Area Shoe Bank — Free pair of school-worthy sneakers, socks and a book, for wee ones through 17-year-olds with Access, CHIP or similar insurance cards or referrals — 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Sept. 15 at Covenant United Methodist Church, 44 W. Main St., Lock Haven.
– Helping Hands, free hygiene and cleaning supplies — United Evangelical Lutheran Church, First and West Church streets, Lock Haven, 6-8 p.m. Sept. 19 (third Wednesday of the month) and 9-11 a.m. Oct. 3 (first Wednesday of the month).
– GED and Adult Basic Education classes — 9-11:30 a.m. or 5-7:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, CIU #10 Development Center for Adults, 8 N. Grove St., Suite G, Lock Haven. No pre-registration necessary. Information: 570-893-4038.