Best in show
Car show held in McElhattan
McELHATTAN — If you love cars, McElhattan was the place to be.
On Saturday afternoon, McElhattan played host to its second car show. It was co-hosted by the Wayne Township Recreation Committee and the Central Pennsylvania Street Machines Car Club.
About 30 vehicles participated and awards were given in a number of categories.
A 1951 Ford Truck owned by Gifford Tebbs of Cogan Station was awarded “Best of Show,” while the “People’s Choice” award went to a 1930 Model A Coupe Street Rod owned by Lou Cupp of Williamsport.
The show took place at the community park in McElhattan. It also featured Little League Baseball games, food and music. The car show wrapped up with a parade of vehicles through McElhattan, led by resident Willis Swinehart on his Harley-Davidson Trike.
The Central Pennsylvania Street Machines will be in action again on June 5 when it hosts its First Sunday Car Show from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Harbor Freight parking lot along Hogan Boulevard in Mill Hall.