Fire leaves Mill Hall family homeless

MILL HALL — A family of five was fled with only the clothes on their backs Sunday as they fled their burning home at 114 Clinton Avenue in Mill Hall.

Minutes later, the home of Mike and Heather Bingman and their three childen was destroyed.

“There was no time to get anything. We got out… just barely,” Mike said as he stood across the street in a neighbor’s garage watching his home quickly destroyed by flames.

“We got the kids out… and the dog. I don’t know about the cat,” he said, emotion showing on his face as he talked and watched the house where his family lived for five years turn from flames and thick black smoke into black charred embers.

Although awe-stricken and obviously in shock at what had just happened, Mike expressed extreme thankfulness that nobody had been hurt and his family had all made it out safely.

See Monday’s print edition in The Express for full details.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)