Hearing continued for woman charged in boy’s death

LOCK HAVEN — As a community continues to mourn the tragic death of 9-year-old Anson Stover, the woman accused of beating and abusing the boy and then leaving him to die in a bathtub for 48 hours remains in the Clinton County Correctional Facility.

Anson’s biological aunt, Jamie Lynn Jackson, 36, has been charged with criminal homicide in the child’s death.

Jackson was scheduled for a first appearance in Clinton County Court on Tuesday, but the hearing was continued at the request of Jackson’s public defender attorney, Patrick Johnson. No new date has been scheduled as of yet.

Meanwhile, the investigation into the boy’s death continues by Lock Haven City Police and Clinton County District Attorney David Strouse.

An autopsy revealed Anson suffered multiple injuries to the head, neck, torso, arms, legs and pelvic area, all in various stages of healing. He also had several marks on his body consistent with cigarette burns and abrasions of the skin behind the ears and injuries to his buttocks and groin, according to the autopsy.

There was “significant amount of bleeding on the brain and also visible injury to the optic nerve of both eyes consistent with significant head trauma … and he had what appeared to be blood in his spinal cord,” the autopsy report stated.

City police discovered Anson’s body in a second floor bath tub at Jackson’s residence at 657 E. Bald Eagle St. on Nov. 30. Jackson adopted Anson and three of his siblings after the death of their biological mother, police said.

According to the arrest affadavit:

Jackson told police she discovered Anson in his bedroom on the evening of Nov. 28 and that he had clear plastic tape around his neck area while laying naked on the floor. She said she cut the tape from his neck and Anson was unresponsive but breathing and had fluid coming from his mouth. She said she dressed him and carried him to the bathroom and put him in the bathtub.

She said she checked on him periodically and he never responded or moved. On Nov. 30, two days after she put him in the bathtub, she said she realized he was not okay, that she touched his face and it was cold and hard. That’s when she called her her father, who then called police.

Jackson, who told police she didn’t know how Anson suffered the injuries, was arraigned on charges of criminal homicide, two counts of aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of children, tampering with or fabricating physical evidence, abuse of a corpse and concealing the death of a child. She was denied bail.

The other children living with Jackson are now being cared for by their grandmother.

As the investigation is ongoing, police are asking that anyone with information about the case contact City Police at 570-893-5911, the Clinton County Detective’s office at 570-983-4141 or provide information online at www.clintonDA.org


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)


Starting at $4.39/week.

Subscribe Today