×

Woodward Township house fire electrical

LOCK HAVEN – A state police fire marshal has ruled the cause of a severe house fire Wednesday morning electrical in nature, according to property owner Fred Lingle.

Lingle said Trooper Ben Campana met with the insurance adjuster and himself on Thursday and determined the fire started near the stove in the kitchen.

Although the house was unoccupied, Lingle said the loss is significant, as he and his wife had just recently moved into the house next door, leaving behind a great amount of furnishings and other items.

Among the items lost were a car that Lingle was unable to get out of the garage when the fire caused electrical disruption to the garage door opener.

Also, many memories were destroyed, he said, mentioning his wife’s wedding dress, his school momentoes and a lot of historical items.

“They can never be replaced,” he said, unable to estimate the loss in dollars and cents.

The fire erupted just before 2 a.m. Wednesday and about a dozen fire companies remained on scene for about four hours.

NEWSLETTER

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
   

COMMENTS

Starting at $4.39/week.

Subscribe Today