Community

Around the Town

GOOD DAY to Leo “Tom” Bomboy, of Mt. Eagle! Quote of the Day “It takes no more time to see the good side of life than it takes to see the bad.” — Jimmy Buffett Word of the Day Roentgenize — To subject to the action of x-rays. PASR luncheon The Clinton County Chapter of ...

Walker Township holds 8th annual fall festival

BELLEFONTE — The sunshine and warm weather was a great welcome to Happy Valley on Saturday, Sept. 30. It was perfect weather for the eighth annual Walker Township Fall Festival. Many families enjoyed a fun-filled day of free crafts, games and activities sponsored by the Walker Township ...

Stop by Downtown Rotary’s open house on Oct. 17

LOCK HAVEN — I want to help but I can’t find the time. I’m looking for a way to give back but I have a lot on my plate. I believe in world peace but I’m just one person. If thoughts like these have crossed your mind, try a little Rotary magic. Members of Rotary know that when ...

Flemington firemen

EXPRESS ARCHIVES Flemington Good Will Hose Company Marching Unit was photographed in 1942 in front of the old fire house. This group of firefighters are, from left: Harry Pinge, Charlie Walizer, Mervin Zeigler, Floyd Miller, Sparkie Kessinger, William Rager (carrying the flag), Lee Quigg, H. ...

PennDOT lifts detour at Marsh Creek bridge project

MARSH CREEK — The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced that it has lifted the detour impacting Route 1002 (Marsh Creek Road) in Centre County. Replacing the bridge, which spans Marsh Creek about a mile northeast of the village of Romola, allows PennDOT to remove a ...

Around the Town

Good Day to Leo “Tom” Bomboy, of Mt. Eagle! Happy Birthday Saturday: William Todd ... Gabbey Eisenhower of West Chester. Sunday: Marc Bridgens, of Mill Hall ... Esther Barner ... Natalie Confer Imel, of Bellefonte. Word of the Day Evection — A periodic irregularity in the ...